Tuesday, June 28, 2011

In Lisboa!

Bom Dia! 
I can't believe that I am in Lisboa.  Either I am very tired or that it has not sunk in that I am finally here!  It is an absolute gorgeous day.  As soon as I get my stuff situated-I will post pictures.  I promise.  It is a learning curve.  I have decided to go out of my comfort zone and unlike the Africa trip-most of my accomodations will be in hostels. I am in the middle of City Center at Travellers House.  I love the ambience. "Guy"  the official tour guide of the house is very personable and if I was not so overwhelmed, I would be totally amused and asking him tons of questions.  Right now, all that comes to mind is a bit of sleep since it really is the middle of the night for me.

I had a fantastic voyage getting to Lisbon. Seattle to Newark and then Newark to Seattle.  I totally scored a great seat-exit row and reclining.  When the gate agent asked me if that was alright-I could have kissed her!!!!Love it when being on stand by scores you such a terrific seat, tons of leg room (which usually is not a problem for me).  Continental rocks-almost!  I still think that my flight on Emirates was amazing and much of it had to do being with Shari Dixon. 

I have to say that before I left Seattle-I ran into one of my neighbors.  I knew that it was a good omen.  The person behind her then asked me if I was doing the Camino de Santiago-another omen.  I am really looking forward to getting to Porto tomorrow.  Everything from getting my sim card for my phone-which took a while-to getting on the bus (no personal driver meeting me at the gate this time) to finding Travellers House has been easy...Portugal-I am ready to rock and roll!!!!!!!! Pictures next as soon as I get some sleep:)!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. J'aime Porto!! Was there a couple of years ago...enjoy the port tastings & have a great time, ma chere amie! xoxo - karin

    ReplyDelete