Wednesday, June 29, 2011

More pictures of Lisbon and evening fun

Elevator de Sta Justa-I went arond it and actually reached the top from a beautiful old abandoned convent behind the tower.  It was at this tower that I met up with Sharon and Carrie from Sacramento.  We had been on the same plane from Newark.  They are in Lisbon to do research on horses-both are professors at UC Davis.  I was bummed that I could not tag along and check the Lusitania(sp) horses that they were going to visit and draw blood samples or something like that...all this information was shared over a lovely meal and Vinho Verde-my newest addiction.  Afterwards, we came back to my hostel where they had a wine tasting bar.  It was a fun way to start the vacation!  I hope to meet up with these two ladies stateside!!!

LeeAnn-you have an invitation to visit them (told them all about your passion for horses and how you use to ride. These arereal time vets who do research...they want to meet you!!!!)





the convent

Could not resist! I always pay respect to a man in uniform!
on top of the tower and regardless of my fear of height-I bravely went as close to the edge as I could manage.



 Sharon Spier-one of the vets!
Carrie Finno-the other vet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment